www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Tuesday 2 October 2012

Feet

Question from a member: "What problems are people having with there feet? My heel and under my foot are in agony when I put them down, top of my foot is tight and my 3 middle toes keep going numb or boiling hot and in excrutiating pain to touch. my skin peels off in enclosed shoes?"

  • i get nerve pains in my toes and legs! really painfull!

  • My feet go numb and when I walk it feels like the bottom of my feet are ripping.
     
  • The heel is a real hotspot for my man... he likes me to grasp it will my full hand and squeeze, then I'll work my way up his tendon with massage, temporary relief at best :(
     
  • If it is more so when your feet are cold, it could be vasospasms.
     
  • I have similar problems. My high heels have gone for good! :(
     
  • I have severely cracked and dry heels. Fungal nail infections and athletes foot..I can't seem to get rid of any of it. I used to have lovely soft feet..
     
  •  I have pain in toes and feet and my feet are cold and turn purple,i have raynauds.
     
  •  i hav probz to my nails turn blue my feet ar painful to walk on weak ankles and get severly cold havnt got any advice bt a warm bath for aches or a bowl of warm/hot water and soak them helps x
     
  •  i get funny colour changes to and they swell

  • Heels and the tops of my feet are two of the most sensative spots!!! Knees and elbows next most painful... ankles, elbow and wrists swell.
     
  • That first comment sounds just like my feet only I don't have the peeling skin. But I do have peeling on my thumbs though !
     
  • It is possible that people diagnosed with fibromyalgia have infections that are compounding their illness. One of those being Borrelia (Lyme Disease). Lyme Disease can be and is often accompanied by co infections and one of those is Bartonella. The symptoms described in the question are known to be associated with Bartonella. It is worth looking it up and trying to get tested for it, either on the NHS (which is unlikely) or privately. Please stay open minded about your diagnoses, until the research is properly done into these illnesses, we don't truly know what we're dealing with. But one thing is for sure, time and time again the researchers are seeing patients with either or both, viral and bacterial components to their disease. ♥