www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Monday 1 October 2012

Night Sweats

Question from a member: "can you ask your members if any of them suffer night sweats really badly please? I've been getting them for some time but I'm too young for menopause, help!"

  • yes- since I was 11 and I'm 34 now. Get hormones tested just to see if there is anything off balance otherwise try buying a chillow or having a fan on constant at night.
     
  • YES !!! Fibro can affect our bodies ability to regulate temperature. I get night sweats almost every night. Sometimes just because of the fibro, other times its the vivid dreams that cause them, but I struggle day and night to control my body temp. (Dunno if the dreams are caused by the meds or my freaky mind xx)
     
  • I do. Pretty sure that I'm not going through menopause, either. ;-) It seems like it has become more common since I hit my early 30s. I am 41 now...
     
  • Also, as Anna mentioned, try a chillow. you can get them just for your pillow or bigger ones to lie on. Cooling pads or chill pillows they are called. Dunno how they actually work but they stay cold and absorb your heat. Able world sell them, but im sure there are other stores and online sites that have them as well.
     
  • I have sweats all day long and I am too embarrassed to go out. If anyone can think of anything that would help me. Please advise x
     
  • Yes me too I use my hot water bottle filled with cold water ,it also triggers my legs to spasm :0(
     
  • People with fibro tend to be sensitive to endocrine disrupters. If you haven't already, get your thyroid (T3 & T4) as well as your hormone balance checked. It could be caused by some imbalance. Hormones need to be check at a specific time for women. Best to find a Naturopath DR. Unless you can find a very good traditional dr, most just don't get it or know how to treat hormones properly. Also food sensitivities can cause a problem, such as Gluten. If you eat something you are sensitive close to bedtime it seems to make the night sweats and dreams worse.

  • I often have to get up and change bedding and shower during the night. Feel sorry for hubby with me sweating all over him !
     
  • I often have to get up and change bedding and shower during the night. Feel sorry for hubby with me sweating all over him !
     
  • Also.....you may think you're too young for the menopause but mine started when I was in my 30's and since thats under control my night sweats have decreased :)
     
  • I get them bad especially if I miss a dose of meds. I'm a bit jealous of everyone who dreams. I haven't had dreams in 3 years. I don't reach deep sleep at all. I can still hear everything going on around me while I'm sleeping. It's quite strange. Does anybody else have this problem?
     
  • double check your meds for side effects also
     
  • All day and all night on and off! :( I'v had fms for more than 30 yrs! :(
     
  • I do it was making me think i am crazy
     
  • yes i get them really bad.
     
  • This (in my opinion) is why we should support the Fibroduck research plans and do some serious fundraising. I was told by one of the worlds leading Virologists that night sweats are a clear sign of virus. It's the autonomic system that is failing badly but we need to get to the reason why. What is the cause? Rather than just masking symptoms all the time. ♥