www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 1 May 2010

Complete the sentence: today I could really do with...


*A vacation.

*Legs.

*A nice cold glass of cider and some picnic food in the sun. Sadly, I can't drink and have to go to uni to sit in a room with no windows

*More eye liner

*Legs that worked and a back that didn't feel like it was mugged by a truck full of ferrets.

*A neck massage and some pain relief for my headache.

*Relief from this viral infection.

*A complete lobotomy

*a good sleep, cause I have not been

*Plenty of strength and not getting tired so quickly.

*Some energy

*A break

*some new legs and back, arms oh hold on I'll submit my body parts shopping list later

*Energy and sleep big time

*A new brain!

*Without IBS!

*A huge cuddle!

*a pain-free body

*A good nights sleep!

*Industrial strength numbing tooth/gum gel

*Stop my pains - even if it's just for today.

*A body transplant!

*A massage.

*for this migraine to go away

*A new, functional, pain free body, oh and a brain that works too please!

*A pain free body so I can get things done before I have to leave town.

*somebody to help me.

*Big hug

*Much needed sleep! But I need to do so many things!

*a miracle, or at least someone to write 3 2,000 word essays and a 1,500 word German essay, any offers?

*Someone to fix dinner and give me a break!

*I've had all of these this week alone, migraine, neuralg, backache genalized body aches and pains. I give up!

*A stop button! having a good day, but fear I over doing it!

*A day off work so I can rest.

*I actually believe I might have MS. the doctors don't want to examine me to rule it out?

*A jackpot winning lottery ticket

*The NHS paying for my treatment!

*Some energy

*Being able to walk!

*A new body

*sleep!

*A good, firm massage. Good balance, legs that work and the energy to use them, and to get a job!

*a hug

*A job. I miss having a full time job. There's got to be one out there I can handle.

*NO anxiety!

*A lot more sleep.

*A swim then a massage. Cant manage 1st, cant afford the 2nd

*a good massage to my back and shoulders

*my boyfriend not painting cause the smell is getting to me, making me feel just a little yuckier than I did before.

*persist until you find a doctor who will listen to you. We know our bodies best.

*Some energy!

*a massage and a dip in the jacuzzi

*A Sherpa to follow me around constantly!

*A shotgun.

*a hot tub and massage!

*a day that I wasn't frustrated by the pain.

*Some energy, tired free & lounging on a beach in the Maldives with Martine McCutcheon.

*I've wanted a new body for years, but today I'd settle for being pain free in my neck and shoulders so I could turn my head without pain

*Sleep

*A big hug and a long sleep

*A day of nothing but REST!

*a hug, massage, a good night's sleep, a maid and cook, an animal assistant

*a new body! I'll keep the mind, I'm used to it.

*a magic pill.

*time away from everyone who doesn't understand

*Sleep!

*Rest and peace

*These electrical pains in my back and spine and all to go away and get some rest and be able to sleep through the night so I can get my housework caught up and be a better mum and wife to my kids and husband.

*a swim in a hydro-therapy pool

*without the smell from the oil slick in the Gulf. They say it is not effecting peoples health but I was outside about 30 seconds and now have slept for over 18 hours, vomiting and all my joints hurt so bad I can barely move.

*lunch with a friend.

*no nasty weather. Well, no back and forth weather

*a hug from someone other than my kids!

*To get massages, To go on a much needed spa vacation, Physical therapy to get me back to where I can really exercise, a camera so I can take my pictures one of my passions , a dog, visit all my friends or go on a all girls fibro cruise or trip and I pay for it all.

*woohoo I am all up for a cruise lets go! and if anyone wants to add me I am all up for new fibro friends come on and just hit me up.

*some sunshine ~ it's gloomy and rainy in San Diego. C'mon sun ~ you can do it!

*Oh and some Love in my life, a shoulder to lean on and a hug and a kiss. A great man he has to be out there somewhere . I pray

*a new body please, but if that's to much to ask for, then just stop the pains in my neck

*less pain . I'm having a very painful day!

*giving DLA decisions makers a good slap!

*Very true, I've tried 3 times 2 get DLA, but no, my body is giving up I cant take any more, my body telling me to give up work but don't know how I would cope with the bill's so I stay there.

*An electric blanket, muscle relaxants and long nap


*A new body. Really over exercised yesterday. Rode bike in rain and froze to death. Rode way too long and am paying for it today. BUT going to walk today. Exercise is my drug of choice.

*not having Fibro effects today would be the best

*I feel like giving up on it too Sarah, my job has already gone. I'm tired and hurt too much, but the report that came back this time to say "NO" was a little more than shocking, so I'm fighting them all the way if it kills me! So I need strength, energy and lots more pain meds

*I wish I could add my photos of my new born duckie, just flew in last week. UGH!

*bathtub! My fibro isn't even so bad today, I just really want to take a long, hot bath.

*Sleep! peace and quiet

*A massage

*sitting outside on my patio, under the canopy in my cushy outdoor furniture, with the wind blowing through my hair and my sunglasses on sipping my drink, enjoying my puppy dogs - but kids will be home in 15 min!

*A cure for Fibro!

*another coffee

*some energy

*Live in housekeeper/personal assistant!

*I could do with, less focus on what we need, want and don't have! More focus on what IS working in our lives!
Today, I am GRATEFUL for the USE OF my mind, arms, legs, eyes, hands and feet -- no matter how tired and painful they may be!

*popping by to make me smile

*a new body

*getting drink.

*a fairy Godmother to grant me three wishes!

*HELP!

*A nap

*help fed up with this, its taking me life away , does anyone know if group therapy works

*A pain-free day! Also lots of sleep:

*Some support and understanding from people who are supposed to love me!

*Hurting less and not so tired

*less traffic

*I wish the friends that don't understand would leave me alone, I am so sick and tired of the doubters out there! I had to give up my nursing career, how or why anyone would think I would give up my career I worked so hard for! I would also love a good nights sleep, can anyone give me some feed back on the sleep number bed?

*more sleep and rest and less pain.

*a massage

*new legs.

*Some REM sleep.

*I love my sleep number bed, in fact we have two of them.

*I could really do with an attitude adjustment! Maybe then I could learn to look at the positive things in my life instead of all the pain! I am truly blessed.

*a back, foot and hand massage.

*Waking up tomorrow and finding out that Fibromyalgia no longer exists for any of us.

*A massage after a hot tub!

*Today I could really do with swimming in the sea.

*some decent painkillers