www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Sunday 9 May 2010

In total, how many tablets do you take on any given day?


*16

*Close to 30

*At least 6 a day. It goes up if I take anything for the pain.

*18 and a big brandy for toothache today!

*3

*8 minimum.

*2

*It's 25+ lost count round then ran out of fingers.

*Including vitamins too many to count. Meds only 14.

*Was up to 23 but have given up!

*14 minimum.

*Depends on how much pain I'm in. 2 that I have to take every day regardless (thankfully they're small as I have trouble swallowing) and up to 12 if I'm in a lot of pain!

*used to be loads but now 1 a day, which I've just remembered I have forgot to take today, once a week it 4 then twice its 3

*I used to take between five to six a day but I had to cut down as I found that I was immune to them.

*I was up 2 30, but i dont see the point, now im down 2 12 just 500grams paracetamol and 400 grams ibuprofen every 4hrs.

*22 on a good day

*36

*30 tablets, which includes all meds, pain killers, vitamins etc.

*Wow! Is this all for the pain of fibromyalgia or are some of the pills for CFIDS as well? I only take synthroid. I'm afraid to take lots of meds because I have reacted badly in the past.

*On a good day 13, otherwise I have to take co-codamol on top.

*Way too many, I am scared to count them. I am trying HARD to get off a lot of them. I have had GREAT success by going to a wonderful Chiropractor and he is making adjustments to my neck and back.
Check out the internet regarding the "atlas" in your neck, the upper most movable bone in your neck, it protects your brain stem but it also has over 7 Trillion nerves running through it! My pain level is so much lower since I have been going to him.

*24 but does go up during hay fever season, hate taking them, but if I stopped I know I'd be a puddle of water on the floor.

*Would love to know what kind of "tablets" people are taking, seems I've tried everything out there, but I'm always wondering if some new combination might just be the ticket.

*you have to be careful of the herbs or natural stuff though. I have been told that they can react with certain meds.

*27

*30 if I add all the supplements and such to help alleviate the joint pain. I also use a chiropractor, massage therapist and reflexologist to help. And it has. I can often go 2 to 3 months before having to get my break-through meds refilled.
I cannot take the monavie or noni juice or any of those things because of my kidney disease.

*25

*oh my - about 16 and insulin.

*13

*14 tablets a day that's not including the liquid medication.

*Used to take 10, but got off them and do it all herbal now feel great!

*26

*4 on a good day, mainly supplements. On a flare day can be 10+. Used to be much more but I am finding most meds make me worse so prefer to go down the supplement route.

*on good days about 15, I think I should rattle when I walk!

*12

*Usually between 9 and 11.

*Am I the only one that pain meds don't help my pain? I take zero a day because nothing helps the pain but rest. I do take an occasional Atavan when my sleep issues are interfering with my functioning.

*15 a day plus painkillers, vit pills, inhalers and a glass of CherryActive.
02 May at 19:22 · · Flag.Debbie Deboo about 16 not including supplements. Painkillers (two types), ropinirole, thyroxine, antihistamine, melatonin.

*I take 22 a day!

*About 14 god that is scary.

*Not too many, but do have a patch for pain relief.

*15 plus or minus a few, additional pain meds, if necessary.

*Between 12 and 19 and a constant patch, occasional hay fever tablet's and inhalers. think that's it.

*I take 16 a day. 9 in the morning and 7 at night.

*11

*wow I feel very blessed right now, lots of you must rattle everyday as you have to take so many meds. I take between 11 and 15 pending on how much pain I am in.

*I have yet to find a pill that helps with the pain!! I am trying to learn to pace myself, if I overdo one day(a good day) then I pay for it by having to have bed rest for a couple of days later. Fibro sucks, it has taken away so much from me.
But on the bright side, I have met so many people that also have it that I have made life long friends!

*Around 20 depending on how bad I am- that includes Thyroxine and supplements. Was on a lot more but cut down.

*14 most days can be more if really bad day.

*Your situation sounds more like mine than the others I read here. Pain meds do not help my fibro pain. And yes Fibro sucks.

*Zero!

*Minimum of 2 on a good day and 18 on a day 1 as allergic to most of them.

*20, if I remember to take them all :S Funnily enough, I never forget the painkillers though!

*23 a day plus morphine patches

*Now about 34

*Oops forgot my vitamins so the total is about 40

*Supplements, plenty. Other, zero!

*Thirty one - Twelve of them supplements.

*Zero. Five years now all natural! Except for the occasional ibuprofen when I really need something!

*About 20 but have bu-trans patch too, also Bipolar.

*44 and feel like every one bruises my throat. And seems like more get added every time I go to doctors.

*About 10 depends on symptoms.

*On average 21, at the minute for all my problems.

*24-30, depending how much pain I am in on any given day, but I also have osteoarthritis as well as fibro, and panic attacks so the 24 cover everything.

*10

*42 including probiotics, vitamins, allergy medicines, without counting migraines and osteoporosis! I wouldn't give up any--they make a difference.

*1 amitriptyline at night. Sometimes 3 diclofenac sometimes 8 paracetamol.

*When I had insurance and could afford my medication: 30mg Cymbalta 2x, 12.5mg ambien, muscle relaxants (cant remember name) 3 to 4x, multi-vitamin, calcium, vitamin D. So, up to 10. not counting the pain killers.

*I can take up to 22

*I forgot the allergy pill & the prn inhaler. And the extra antihistamine

*For fibro? 0 - 1 lortab if the pain is bad. But it gives me migraines so I seldom take those. 0-2 aleve when I dont feel like taking a lortab.

*14 a day now but my highest was 23 a day.

*About 15 including pregabalin,diclofenac and my pain patch ooh and my migraine ones when needed! plus all the antibiotics I'm on lately! and vitamins! I should also rattle.

* currently only take 4, but am looking for an herbal alternative! Any ideas? I have FM and SLE

*I also stopped using meds as it didn't help at all. I just rest whenever I can and take it easy. I just try coping with the pain.

*None

*Between 10 and 16, god isn't that awful!

*16 at least.

*Can't do the maths!

*none

*5, plus 3 inhalers and a nasal spray.

*19 on most days, if I am having a really bad day I have been known to take another 3

*14

*It's interesting reading all the different drugs people have tried. My Doctor hasn't tried even half of them on me yet, so maybe I should have more hope and take a list to my Doc! I've not even heard of pain patches before. Thank you for sharing.

*between 10 & 15 plus inhaler

*19

*About 30.

*only 5 prescription meds daily, but then there's the over the counter stuff to counteract the effects of those meds. then there's the pain killers. I'm too scared to add them up.

*only 8 1/2 and lots of horse tablet sized supplements. I do have Ankylosing Spondylitis too though. Not on any painkillers as such! I found that moving to a part of the world with almost no humidity made me TONS better. Good job because now I have to pay for my meds I can only just about afford them here.

*2 unless headache or severe body aches

*Oh yes forgot my vitamins so 5

*5 meds but some are prn. the rest are supplements. What does it matter really.

*Way too many. A lot are vitamins and natural stuff.

*2 on a good day, 16 on a bad. I try to use heated wheat bags instead of painkillers when I can- find it helps for back and leg pain.

*14-18 depending on how much pain I am in and if I have a migraine. I do have some other health issues though.

*11

*8