www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 15 May 2010

Supposing you had the energy etc, what new (never tried it before) hobby would you choose to take up?


*surfing.

*Yoga!

*Scuba diving or golf. Or at the very least be able to listen to my 7 yr old talk about bakugan for more than 2 mins without my head exploding.

*cycling

*I would love to rock climb!

*Photography or hot air ballooning.

*Think id do a bit of bungee,then followed by a jump out of a plane, with a parachute obviously, and end the day with a few lessons in snow boarding! I'm tired now just thinking about it!

*I already spend all my free time doing photography! It keeps me sane & is my passion!

*Skiing or Snow Boarding anything that has to do with snow!

*Ice Skating!

*Rock Climbing.

*Drumming!

*Mountain Climbing. I feel like I already do it every day, but to ACTUALLY do it would be awesome. It may spend my energy the same, but at least that mountain would have a view. Then again, there are a lot of hobbies that I would take up with that kind of energy!

*kite surfing

*Kayaking for sure!

*Not quite NEVER tried it before, but not done it for so long now, since I was a teenager. I would love to go horse riding once again, the feeling of freedom was so great, I'd love to do it again, but know there's no hope.

*I'd love to abseil down the forth rail bridge

*learn an instrument again, photography, cycling.

*wing walking

*Not new - I'd return to silver smithing - the kind where you make bowls and pitchers and larger objects using hammers and heat.

*I've managed to start sewing.

*I'd love to play the guitar, but it hurt my fingers and wrists, 2 guitars down and sitting in a corner.

*I would start Karate so I could join in with something that my boys enjoy and spend some quality time with them and in turn getting fit.

*Roller blading, I miss it!

*Hot air ballooning and scuba diving.

*Belly dancing!

*Kyacking

*say someone waved a magic wand and all my problems went away I'd take up horse riding, sky dving, car racing heck anything high adrenaline! Now where's that magic wand

*horse riding - my daughter and my sister go and I'm so jealous.

*I used to rock climb, but now I cannot. I'd love to get back into it.

*Skydiving

*If I was all better I would just like to go back to work so I wouldn't be broke. being on SSDI sucks!

*I would love to go camping again.

*It looks great, I was a bit of an adrenalin junkie.

*pottery

*running

*Skydiving! And it may be crossed off my list, I have a bucket list and am trying to fulfil those dreams!

*Oh yes going back to work and civilization I forgot that! I think we all sound like adrenaline addicts! I guess cos hardly ever got any energy it would be fantastic to have some and get some life back.

*Ice Skating

*I wish I could draw again but find it difficult to hold a pencil for long as for new one I wish I could start jogging.

*Dog grooming. Got the pet micro chipping done and am now qualified so would love to add the dog grooming to it.

*Desperately miss my horse riding, but something new would be skiing.

*I have a question for people. Is high blood pressure all a part of this lovely Fibro? Email me or something please!

*Sewing/Quilting!! Been wanting to do it for so long. Then maybe just horseback riding!

*Rock Climbing

*Dirt biking,quad biking,canoeing as all my family go canoeing and I have to watch.

*travelling!

*dancing

*glass blowing. looks like so much fun.

*cleaning my house and running. I am on the way there now with God's help.

*swimming, more walking or yoga. You don't appreciate things like this until it is taken away from you!

*salsa dancing

*Diving for treasure in wrecks.

*Tai chi - I've always fancied that! Oh, and ballroom dancing has always appealed too.

*Sculpting. Been reading a lot about it lately and want to take classes on it.

*skydiving. But I used to be a runner so I would say running if I could..

*the sport of sex. I miss it a lot.

*like the comment above here. I think I would take up rowing, ziplining, flameco guitar, dog sledding. And much more, travelling again. ( used to be my hobby)

*Belly dancing. My sister does it and loves it.

*salsa dancing