www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Friday 28 September 2012

Having a baby with Fibromyalgia

Question from a member: I am thinking of having a baby but I am worried it will make my fibro worse and I'll be unable to cope. Could you ask how others coped with pregnancy please?

  • my pregnancy was terrible, sorry :(

  • It's something I think about I'm sure it's part of the reason I don't have children x

  • My first 30 weeks were fine no more pain than normal and was allowed to take codine. Once I stopped taking my meds at 30 weeks was bad!

  • I'm 36 weeks pregnant at the moment and I had the same concerns but I spoke to my dr and with the help of my Phisio it's been manageable. The relaxed hormone which is released in pregnancy actually helps with fibro. My drs and consultants are more concerned about how I'm going to be after they said it will be 6 weeks after birth that I will properly crash so they want to monitor me closely. Hope this makes since and helps. X

  • I have heard that pregnancy can put fibromyalgia into remission!??

  • Hi the recent evidence say that third of FMS sufferers feel better, third stay the same and a third can get worse. I have just had a baby and sorry I was in the got worse section. However my main advice would be make sure your gynae rele understands Fibro before getting near to the end of pregnancy....I had to change consultants and have a close relationship with your community midwife.
    Good Luck and hope you are in the remission section. I would still do it again because the rewards are unbelievably feeling of happiness

  • pregnancy made things worse or not, I was too focused on the other issues! But don't let having Fibro stop you. There are always people to help and ways to cope!
  • I have those same concerns.
     
  •  Pray about It! ! WISHING YOU THE BEST!

  • When I was pregnant my fibromyalgia disappeared.. No symptoms at all :o)
     
  • My fibro has always been so bad, that my doctor and I talked about it and decided that it would probably be best that I not have children. he said that if I did I would probably be on bed rest. but he didn't leave that decision up to me. I did choose not o have children and now I regret it at age 44 :-(

  • * he did leave that decision up to me sorry
     
  • Sorry to say hunni but mine was HELL but u could b lucky n b fine xxx good luck xxx
     
  • My baby is 20 mo's. When I was pregnant, I felt GREAT!! NO pain! It was FABULOUS! Even a few months after having baby, I still felt great. My dr told me that with Fibro, the pain in pregnancy is either hit or miss. You will either feel GREAT or HORRIBLE! But reading the comments above, you may just remain the same. I was very lucky. It was like having a new body; no pain! Even if you do have more pain, dr's have good items to combat it. And at the end, you have this most precious bundle that makes you smile all the time :)
    Take the plunge :)
     
  •  I'm 16 weeks pregnant and unfortunately mine is getting worse, but I'm under a good consultant and am still on co codamol but have come off tramadol im hoping mine will get better :-) but its so worth it this is my 2nd but last xxx
     
  • My pregnancy wasn't to bad. But I just wanted to say that I found that from the age of six months when she got heavier it was hard to pick her up because of the pain plus the older she got and the more active she has got I am really struggling to cope because of the exhaustion. I am lucky to have my mum who is a fantastic support and is helping me raise her ( my partner of 5 1/2 years left when she was 7 months) so I would suggest that you consider after the baby is born aswell! I love my daughter and don't regret having her but I don't think I will have any more children. If you have a supportive partner and have considered all the pros and cons I would say go for it having a child is a wonderful experience!