www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Friday 28 September 2012

I've been falling over a lot

Today's question from a member is - I've been falling over a lot but the doctor tells me this is normal. he did check my bloods but they were ok. Anyone else fall over for no reason?

*Frequently. I also get stuck on things like stairs a lot because the strength just zaps out of my legs. I use a stick now to help me balance :

* I don't fall over as such but my balance is off and so is my co-ordination. I don't pick my feet up properly either so I stumble a lot. Luckily I rarely fall as I have my sticks to keep me upright. Although saying that, Ive also noticed recently Im not picking my sticks up properly either so that's causing me to stumble a bit. I think its mainly due to fatigue for me, the muscles just don't have the energy or strength to move the way my brain is telling them to. But co-ordination has definitely got worse over the last 3 yrs. 

*I don't fall over but I'm always stumbling and tripping... Like I'm drunk..... And I do not drink alcohol.. I too have problems with stairs, it's like my legs just can't do it... Hope you do not get hurt when you fall!   

* not fall over but occasionally get dizzy and feel I might fall. it depends what's causing you to fall. is it from your co-ordination or dizziness? I would get a second opinion

*I loose my balance and tend to walk side ways sometimes and when walking with my hubby I am always running in to him 

*I used to loose my balance often until I was given my sticks as well. Now it depends on the days whether I need 1 or both.  

*yes hunni ive fallen a few times and stumbled as lose balance i sympathise with you xx
  
*What do you mean by "sticks?

*I am always stumbling and without my walking sticks would definitely fall..and have done quite often...I've been given new walking sticks called Nordicks and am finding them so much better for balance etc and they're very lightweight so make it so much easier to use with the weakness...they're not expensive and you can get them on Amazon...they're using them in trauma clinics too....hope they help someone as much as they have me
  
*Same here , some days worse than others . Stairs are a problem a lot !! As people say , the fatigue is a big concern climbing stairs . No power in my legs some days !!! balance, dizziness at times, so much trying to do stairs....also have bad foot problems..   

*bad balance, weakness, stairs can be a curse, dizzy.....diff days at diff levels are part of it
  
*yes i do ... i fall over a blade of grass pointing the wrong way...stairs are not much fun and i can't walk straight any more ....