www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Sunday 28 March 2010

Consultants

Do you ever get that feeling, because we attend so many hospital appointments, that when sat in front of a consultant and asked how they can help, you can't remember what it was you were referred for in the first place?



*oh yes. it's the when what started I have problem's with.

*LOL Yes, that would be me! I usually have to call the day before my appointments to find out what time they are. I even write down times and dates in 3 different places so I would remember!

*Yep all the time.I saw my GP last week and I had to take a piece of paper with me to remind me why I was there!

*I have never had a hospital appointment relating to Fibro. Just physiotherapy. I'm still waiting for my rheumatologist appointment.

*Ha, you have to get to the hospital in the first place! I went years ago to see a rheumatologist had blood tests, because nothing ever shows in my blood, (apart from inflammation, despite the fact I take anti-inflammatory medication, but never thought about that then) I was discharged after six months, and I get little or no support from my GP surgery, just keep taking the tablets, despite being in pain 24/7. Is anyone else treated like this?

*YES

*YES ME TOO! when they say how are you? I want to scream at them. Although my GP is lovely and sympathetic too!

*It's when they say...now, what can I do for you?

*My lovely rheumatologist patted me on the hand and said "Now I know how you ladies like to worry about things like MS but I assure you there's nothing wrong so maybe now you know that it will all go away" And POOF!!! as if by magic it did! Or actually, no, that last parts not true!

*I've been laughed at by consultants

*Yes, I have to write everything down!! But then I need to remember to bring the paper!

*I write every pain and ache down in a diary to show the consultant. It keeps me calm as I have a habit of waking in the night and worrying that they wont believe me. Unfortunately when I went for my appointment on Monday I forgot to take the diary with me!

*yes sometimes they say " and what can we do for you today? and I have absolutely no idea !!!

*I quite often draw a blank while I'm there,and when I get home I think oh crap I wanted to tell him this,this and this..Brain fog!

*Mine is no help at all no backing had to fight myself for dla and he was no support and still in the hospital were good but now I'm discharged so dreading next DLA application as I no he wont back me and I have no consultant or physio to back me this time. I'm on so many tablets too what does anyone else take?

*I have walked into the hospital and forgotten which department I am supposed to be going to (as have been to most!) But for consultant and GP appts I always write a list! Just recently I have taken to typing everything down and taking that in with me for the consultant - updated meds list and new symptoms. I even have a typewritten medical history for when I have to go to A&E - much easier than trying to remember how many surgeries I have had!

*no sorry. I just get sick of Dr. after dr. appts. None of them will ever understand.

*Consultant? what's one of those? I haven't seen one since being diagnosed 10 years ago! My GP puts every thing down to Fibro and tells me to keep up the meds! I feel like I have been thrown on the scrap heap! I do feel lonely in this as I have no idea of new meds etc. My GP often rushes me so end up forgetting what I wanted him for. I hurt my coccyx after falling down stairs 3 months ago, its agony but he just said " its the fibro ". My feet hurt all the time too. I put all doc appts on my phone with reminder set.

*hell yeh, I don't even know if I really exist.

*I feel that every day! I feel like I am losing my mind! I have been wanting a duck, and have I gotten 1 yet? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I keep forgetting *TEARS*
I wanted the neck wrap to help with my neck and shoulder pain, it was on sale until Sunday. I remembered it on MONDAY! I HATE FIBRO FOG! I HATE FIBRO PERIOD!

*Can someone tell me if I can still get the free duck and pay for postage, or did I miss that too? UGH!!!


*OK I guess I had my self pity 4 the day, sorry folks! I apologize to all!

*ALL THE TIME!

*I keep a notebook in my bag with appointment lists- who, when, where, what did we do?, what did they prescribe?, how do I take it? All the SSDD crap that has become part of life.

*what a great idea and yes I went through the SSD several years ago and it pays to be able to look back at dates times ect. The more info you have the better, even if they do not ask.

*Every time I say I keep forgetting things , or I forget what I am saying half way through , everyone (without FM ) say oh yes I do that . Nobody seems to understand that it is Fibro. Why wont they understand me !!! I am so fed up with this rotten FM.

*yes you can get the duckie. go to the main site which you can get to from the info page here. fibroduck.com

you are also allowed to vent and be scared. that is what we are all here for. (I actually typed hear for---after I corrected myself I realized that it really could be HEAR with our listening ears :)

*my old gp would tell me it is just another symptom of fibro. tried to send me a pain clinic when I just asked if there was something between advil/ib 800mg and demerol. just told me we don't really deal with pain.

Then one time I had to see one of the nurse practitioners. I mentioned that there are times when I had to try to figure out what body part was really hurting. my eyes were tearing from pain but I didn't know which one was hurting.

she couldn't believe that that was possible and treated me as though I had 5 heads and that I didn't know what was happening to my own body. she really ticked me off. I made sure that I NEVER saw her again. I did have to have one of my kids have to see her once or twice after that. I left that practice because I always kept being pushed off to one of the nurse practitioners.

*Correct my mind goes blank hugs.

*((((hugs))))) the duckie will be free as long as we can make him. C'mon and join in xxx

*I took a list to an appointment in December and didn't get the chance to go through it!

*Who and where am I again?!