www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 27 March 2010

what online support would help you most, and have you found this anywhere?

*Help with tackling the Disability Living Allowance process! It's a nightmare!

*I have found great support and inspiration from the following groups:
Fibromyalgia--http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=51024203440

POP!--http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1169391134#!/group.php?gid=233248270891

FibroMasters--http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1169391134#!/pages/Fibromasters-Theres-No-Cure-For-Fibromyalgia-But-You-Can-Master-It/213351404789?ref=sgm

*FibroDuck (OF COURSE!)-- has helped me get out and become creative with my Fibro Awareness. It's been inspiring to see the other Duckies of the world! Plus, the more I talk about it in public to friends or strangers, the more people I realize I know who suffer with it!

*Great Question today! Can't wait to see what others have to say!

* www.ncodp.org.uk those people helped me with my benefits, they were very good and understood my problems.

*I've found facebook groups very helpful, have found fellow sufferers and can ask questions about new meds and dealing with symptoms

*I'm also struggling with DLA!

*DLA help, It's like batting my head on a brick wall!!

*A list of where we can get really good medical support for FMS from, it must be there somewhere!

*I agree DLA are a nightmare I'm sure they think we are trying to pull a fast one, they should try living with it for a week see how they get on.

*Yes - DLA and more info about research. I am an expert on Fibromyalgia as I live with it and have read loads about it. I wan to know more about what is being done re. treatment and cure.

*One for benefits help is:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=353769547720

*I asked my local DIAL group to come and help me fill in the DLA forms which was a great help. Definitely one in Leicestershire and similar in Derby, not certain about other areas.

*Here is the link:- My local group sent someone out to my house because I couldn't drive there.
http://www.dialuk.info/findadial/index.asp

*I'm struggling with DLA. I appealed original decision and have now asked for final appeal with me attending. I tried to ask DIAL for help with both but the Leeds branch is no help whatsoever! I emailed and rang and left message first time I contacted them and they couldn't help me before the deadline for 1st appeal. Then this time I emailed and they took over a week to respond and say I would have to ring them to make an appointment as they are too busy to respond to the email! Waiting for my appeal date now - unless they change the decision without a hearing - which I doubt!

*For anyone needing help and advice on benefits, I've found these guys to be a fantastic support:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=100236785459

*This is a great site with loads of easy to understand,practical advise.

*Does anyone know where you can get help for DLA in Belfast I have been turned down 3 different times, have been to CAB, they filled the form in for me again they didn't know enough about Fibro or how to explain it on the form against the questions they ask.

Many thanks if there is anyone who can help me I have had (fibro) full blast for 10 years, soft gentle hugs to everyone x

*Do you have such a thing as a welfare rights office? they should be able to help you as that is what they are paid to do. they helped me when I claimed DLA and they help every time I have to reapply.
good luck x

*The key to filling in the DLA forms is to fill them in as if it is one of your bad days. How would you cope on a really bad day? Don't think about how well you can cope on a good day. Where it asks how far you can walk be honest...can you walk at all without severe discomfort? It's not asking how far you can struggle to walk. Don't tick the boxes,but write little notes personal to you where you can't answer for definite. Make sure your personal statement at the end is as you would be on a bad day. No need to mention good days. It worked for me on my second application after someone told me how to approach it. Hope this helps x

*Each CAB is different but most of them can offer brilliant assistance with your application and can refer you to the right people to assist with appeals too. Try 'em!

*I get best on-line support from individual friends I met via on-line groups, I'm so grateful for all of them!

*In the USA, it helps to emphasize the depression aspect of disability/FM. Also, I was disgustingly honest on my forms including about not showering, etc. Both of those I think aided in my getting approved for disability.

*I have found on-line forums such as FMAUK really helpful. Lots of members who post about their health, symptoms, treatments, meds, GP and consultant experiences etc. Lots of advice and ALWAYS someone on-line to chat to, even at 3AM when the restless legs and pain are keeping you awake.

It is almost impossible in the UK to obtain DLA without form filling help from CAB or Benefits Advice services :(

*This forum and others like it have been my greatest help. Reading others real experiences helps me to cope with mine. It's nice to know I'm not crazy! Although I sincerely feel terrible for my fellow posters I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

*The forum its been invaluable to me when I have had questions or felt down. Its nice to speak to others who are experiencing the same as yourself, you feel part of a life line.

*in regards to ME just being able to share with fellow sufferers via FB is very helpful to me anyway

*I agree, but there is another side for me. I wish there were groups closer to me I could go to. I don't get out much and I would give anything to have friends to visit or get together with and talk in real life, not just on-line. Don't get me wrong, on-line is great ... but even my mental health clinition told me I need to have people around me, I need to get out more. Fibro friends would be so great in my life! Friends Fibro or not would be great to have in my life! :)