www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Sunday 28 March 2010

If your best mates came round and told you that you can have 24 hours of their time to use any way you want, what would you get them to do for you?

*Nothing, but sit down and have a nice cup of coffee and just talk, really talk!

*I agree with above

*make me smile as they always do

*I would love if someone would help me and motivate me to get my house back in order like help with dishes and cleaning the house ...not to mention after we got that done then we could sit down and watch movies for the rest of the time and just Veg!

*Just hang out and be with each other. Be silly, have fun and just enjoy each others company!

*make me laugh x

*I agree with you but add not having to get up and down for this or that, or answer phone for this or that.

*Take a walk in the woods & give me a massage!

*I would make them go to a health spar for the day as she has always been there to help me. I think she deserves to be pampered now.

*Help me clean and organize my bedroom!! Also, I don't get to spend a lot of time with my friends they all have busy lives and don't have time to visit me. I would love to just sit and talk.

*Just to be pain free and enjoy their company

*Just to be pain free and enjoying that with them

*Help me realise I'm not alone in the world, and make me see I'm going to be OK. but would need more than 24hrs to convince me at moment!

*Just hang out, chat, listen and give me hugs as needed.

*dig on the allotment ! so much to do so little time & I'm no use at all as I can`t dig so my partner has to do all the digging :(

*Since we all have fibro, we would just hang out and pamper one another.

*I think the consensus is that all we really want from our mates is some time and company. Fibro can be a really lonely condition. Having real mates round for a chat and a giggle is the best medicine for helping us to forget about our illness for a while.

*For my friends to feel free to talk to me about my fibro etc I have certainly found out my true friends through this awful time I am having.

*How true, the only "true" friends I have also have fibro, the "normals" whom I thought were friends ran years ago.

*I would really love for my garden to be done,I used to love gardening but with fibro so advanced I cant pull the simplest of weeds.

*Depends which ones, one is fab at reflexology, one makes great cakes and one just makes me laugh.

*My garden or my stairs decorated please x

*I'm lucky to have a spouse who helps around the house, even if he does get frustrated that I can't help out as much as he does. I would love to have all my friends over to just spend time with me, everyone could bring food so I wouldn't have to cook and we could all just have an amazing time!

*All the house work and play taxi driver! lol

*COOK, Clean, and hike several miles for me. Visit the animal shelter, shop and go out to eat. Haven't been able to do that in about a year due to the pain. I miss it.

*The first thing would be to sit down and talk with me. Have our favourite drink & snack. Then if there is time left, laundry, clean, & cook. But then they must stay for supper to eat and enjoy and watch a movie!

*I'd like a solid full-bore clean-out of my entire kitchen. All cabinets, both fridges, oven, microwave, all pots and pans, cups, utensils and dishes. If these best mates were still willing after all that (ha!), I have some landscape maintenance which really needs doing!

*Clean my house!!!!

*oh 24 hours then after cleaning house we could have a nice meal and watch the basketball tournaments and talk long into the night which is when I am usually awake!

*If my family /mates are reading this, please clean the house and sort out the garden! De clutter Steve if it's possible.