www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 27 March 2010

If you had a once in a lifetime 'Good day' with no pain, no fatigue, symptom free and bags of energy, how would you spend those precious 24hours?

*Just enjoy it...pain free!!

*Enjoying the day with my loved ones~and do whatever my son wants~within reason!

*Get drunk and party. Shallow I know but damn I miss it .

*That's a really hard one and something I have never thought about!
errrrr crazy sex all day :)

*Dancing

*Scrubbing every inch of my house!! TWICE!

*A bracing walk along the Pembrokeshire coastal path taking in the fresh sea air & the stunning views without a care in the world followed off by an outdoor barbecue with family & friends & some nice free flowing wine! :)

*Getting my house straight. I hate living in chaos but have no energy to do it!
'Care' even!

*I hear you there, seems like I am always having horrible cramps after sex cause my leg gets locked up or my arm or I hurt myself somehow I guess I need to get back into doing my Yoga again.

*Riding my horse and walking my dogs in between doing some housework.

*Cleaning my house , and painting my bedroom, I so want it painted and not enough energy to do it.

*Oh take Molly, my dog - how could I forget her? Brain fog!

*I would give everyone bear hugs and go dancing

*I would clean the house too really good and then be able to go and play more with the kids I just get so tired now.

*It seems everything I do when I do feel a little better just makes me really bad again!
Feels like I should stay in bed and face it.

*Enjoy every minute ,every second of that day, doing the things that everyone takes for granted. Walks,, chores,, just feeling so full of energy and having the choice to do what you want would be fab!

*Be the wife my hubby married and be the mum my older sons remember to my two younger kids. Also clean my house the way *I* like it cleaned! And shop without a scooter.....bliss.....

*I agree, I took one day where I felt mostly good and I cleaned the house did a lot of dishes and I am still paying for it just wondering why I can't seem to warm up I am still freezing even in a warm house go figure

*Running around in the park with my 2 children

*Play with my 2 grandsons, do oil painting, hiking/photography, crocheting, reading (remembering WHAT I've just read), MAYBE clean house- mostly doing what I ENJOY.

*I'd be hitting the amusement parks with my sons during the day and go dancing at night! would be great!

*I go to a dog club to train my boy Storm and so that I'm 'OK' for that evening I spend most of the week being careful and hardly doing nothing! good job my partner walks him for me or he would be very fat.

*I would go back in time and push my 1st grandchild in her pram as that's the time I went into a wheelchair then run & run.

*I would walk my dogs all day then dance all night!

*I actually DO get those occasionally. Dunno what I've done right or differently than normal but you know they are lovely. And I generally spend them doing pretty much what I normally do, it's just with a wonderful feeling of lightness.

*Clean the house from top to bottom, take the kids to the park & run around after them, then carry the younger ones up to bed, then for an evening out partying with friends followed by a night with my gorgeous boyfriend.

*Take a trip to London do lots of shopping go for meal then pubs and clubs in the evening

*Get up early, work, gym, beach, out with friends dancing until I dropped, which wouldn't be 2 seconds.

*Can't believe now that that's how my days used to be, how on earth did I fit it all in
id clean the house from top to bottom and my mum would like to take my nephew somewhere and walk instead of being in her wheelchair

*Enjoy time outside. Jump in the leaves. Walk on the sand.

*I would spend it with the family doing things I can't do, like a walk by the river, or a day at the zoo, or even my first love and spend a day riding horses with my friend in Wales.

*Totally blitz my house decorate my stairs as it needs doing so bad and I cant do it and go for a lovely long walk in the countryside.

*I would go walking for miles and miles with out having to double it in my mind so I can walk back,I would swim and make the most of the time I had with my family and partner,enjoy not being cold all the time and not forgetting any of it.

*I would walk more than a block, do things around the house that my husband wouldn't have to do, and have a long nap.

*I would play music all day! At the beach!

*I can think of lots of things I would do.... though I think I'll spend most of that day feeling like a foreigner in my own body, while enjoying the activities I decided to do!

*Sort my house.then go to Town n spend vouchers I've ad since Christmas. Haven't been well enough to spend them.

*I would clean my house, go to Six Flags and have a cook out with my family.

*I would spend the day with my son and go 2 a footy match, then dance dance and dance some more and end up walking along the beach in the pre-dawn. And I definitely wouldn't do ANY cleaning/housework.

*With my hubby, doing all the things that hurt me at the moment and enjoying them like we used to do.

*I would jog 4 miles, work out, play a round of tennis. walk along the beach, and lift weights for 30 minutes. How is that ?

*I've just had one, but I had to spend 11.5 hours of it at work, I spent the rest of the time either travelling or sleeping.

*Sex what is sex ? Need a partner to do it with. That is from a previous post. My I better get some practice so next time I will put wild sex down. I miss it, at least I am honest.

*I would do all the things I can't at the moment that everyone else take for granted like going on a shopping trip, have lunch out, then home to get dolled up & then hit a few pubs then a night club. After reading this back I have now decided that I would more than likely spend it doing a mass spring clean of my house then doing the same for my parents house too.

*I am amazed at how many of you lovely people would spend precious pain free time doing house work! Is that all you did with your life before fibro? For me that can wait and time out from pain would be enjoyed and not wasted doing chores. Love to you all x
I would party and get drunk all day long yippee.

*Does any one else have painful feet with this?mine are agony

*Skiing down a mountain really fast!

*Would not no what to do been in pain so long and felt shit I would probably have a heart attack from the shock of it.

*I thought I would know how to answer that question. But it's harder to answer now that I try to put thought into it. I look around my house at things everyday that I would do or get done if I were pain free. But to know you only had one day of being pain free, I don't think I want to spend it cleaning my house. Maybe Playing with my 4 grandsons their ages range from 3 to 7 and they really wear me out.

*Not sleeping for one. the thought is to wild to imagine I just don't know where to start

*Housework??? I'm mostly pain-free now but housework??? yuck If I didn't have to pace myself, I'd play all day - maybe go to the beach and and and... hmmm. I think I'll make some plans right now!

*I would spend the time with my family. Whatever they wanted to do that I most of the time have to sit out on.

*Would do a 60 mile bike tour with my friends and while they were huffing and puffing at the end I would ask if we could do another 40 miles!

*I'd spend the day cooking a lavish meal for my family, then sitting with them to eat it, actively taking part in the conversation as I wouldn't be exhausted. The cleaning can wait!

*I would definitely play capture the flag on the beach/woods with my sons only this time I would kick butt. And would make love to my man till he begs me to stop.
Travel-walk around a new city/museum/Machu Pichu!! In my dreams :) Go dancing!