www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 27 March 2010

We're very good at worrying about all the things we're no longer able to do BUT when you look back over your life so far, what are you proud of?

*Having my children

*I'm proud that over the years I've helped educate 100's of children

*Having been able to look after my two children (now aged 18 & 20 and one of which is disabled), to the best of my ability.

*Starting my degree with the OU

*Choosing to live

*Teaching, travelling and acting with ME/CFS and FM for 25 years. Must've been crazy!

*I am pleased that my son is a fine human being and is raising his children in much the same way as he was raised, to be kind, to be respectful, to consider others, to be responsible, to know that there are consequences and/or rewards for behaviour, and to love the Lord.

*I am proud that I am still managing my degree and aiming for a first, FM will not beat me!

*Despite my Fibro I lost 3 stone in weight last year and completed my PhD.

*I'm proud of my two boys.

*First is my children, we laugh all the time! Both have tourette syndrome. So just imagine my house?! Mum has headaches daily, and can't stand repetitive sounds and both kids can't help it, my marriage is the best on earth!

*30 years of marriage on Monday and two wonderful sons! Otherwise I have no personal successes! That makes me sad too.

*such lovely stories, its nice to read things like this & remind yourself that there are more good people in this world than bad :)

*so true, my daughters, now 22 and 27, my son in law and my grandson Luke, which will be 2-1/2 next month.

*My 3 kids.

*Proud of my family and doing my masters at uni

*Having my children, all 6 of them! And making it into the police force when I was younger.

*Beating or should I say, fighting my terminal leukaemia & raising lots of money for research. Also, being a listening ear for others newly diagnosed.

*my children

*Raising my Son and Daughter to be well rounded and confident adults with a great future ahead of them. And despite Fibro, I'm back at college changing my career direction to something I can physically manage and still have a future in.

*My 2 fantastic children who are both disabled and have turned into lovely well adjusted adults. After been brought up just by myself and help from family.

*Now I'm proud that I am still able to write and get myself published, just wish I had the energy to churn more of it out.

*It's quite sad that the questions asking about negative side of our illness get lots or responses, whereas when we're invited to pat ourselves on the back, we're reluctant to do so.

*Everyone's got to have something they are proud of :)

*I'm proud of all the opportunities life has offered me, and proud of myself for having the confidence to go out there and do it! Most of all I'm proud of being a mother!

*Like others on here I am most proudest of my 28 yr son but also that I spent all my working life nursing/healing others.

*I am proud of having my son at 39 with all the symptoms I had and not knowing that I had Fibromyalgia and still successfully teaching Kindergarten!

*So proud of my 4 lovely children now aged 31,29,23 and 10 the older two having lovely fiancée's, to see them settled and happy makes it all worth while!

*I am proud of my daughter, and my Dad who has given me the spirit and strength to deal with whatever life throws at me

*Writing and getting published. And singing when I can.