www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Monday 12 April 2010

anyone notice how the old energy levels slowly begin to creep up, once we have a few days sunshine and warmth?


*Nope :(

*Still waiting for mine...

*I don't think old energy levels ever creep up, but sunshine definitely helps. There is lots of Vitamin D there for us!

*Since the suns been out this week I do feel a tiny bit more energised, saying that right now I could go back to bed!
Normally I have a bit more energy in summer, maybe it's the mental uplift that comes with spring/summer ?

*Me either I'm always running on empty even when pain levels are low.

*Yep

*I do feel a bit happier in the summer and also I seem to want to do more and to push myself more.

*I think the mental uplift has as much to do with it as extra Vitamin D - although I have heard recently that fibro benefits from extra Vitamin D exposure. One doctor was even going so far as to recommend tanning! (Thanks but I'm not sure I want to add skin cancer and premature ageing to the list of crap wrong with me!)

*I stay in flare up continuously, never goes away. The meds I am on, you aren't suppose to get out in the sun, but, I have to with my grandson. It makes my skin feel like it is cooking if I stay too long, but, I will continue because I love to see my grandson almost 2-1/2 have fun, Been beautiful here this week.

*My energy levels seem permanently low at the moment even with the lovely sunshine.

*I'm the same, totally drained.

*I found they get worse when it's gets warmer

*I don't know about my physical energy, but my mental energy is up! I try to get out, but have to stay covered, sunblocked, and under an umbrella. It isn't the med's I'm on, I'm just freakishly pale and sunburn in 10 minutes.

*I'm more ill the warmer it gets, so no!

*It is Vitamin D, If you ain't get enough sunlight, take Vitamin D! It makes so much difference in pain levels, and fatigue too. Not perfect, but better.

*I'm no better when its warm either just have a smile on my face cause its lovely.

*I do notice that the warm weather does help how you feel, but I'm having bad time with it at the moment so even the sun isn't helping. lets hope the sun stays out and help pick us up even a little bit.

*Yes that happens to me - but at moment I am in relapse due to hospital and divert pain!

*I have a problem with Vitamin D converting into 125 D which is an inflammatory agent that causes pain and other symptoms. The Marshall Protocol which seems to help a lot of people was a fizzer with me, the antibiotics used made me react really badly. so sunshine, or even eating too many vitamin D rich foods is an issue. ERK.

*My energy level is not much different, but there is a more positive mood and enjoying nature's calming beauty and warmth. Cold weather really gets to my joints, so I do enjoy spring and summer much better!

*How did you find this out about your body's Vit D converting into 125 D?

*Nope I tend to sleep more in summer be awake less and not able do much the heat just knocks me out.

*I agree, I love the sunshine but the fatigue is horrible for me in the summer months, it just totally drains me. My pain doc told me last week that people with fms,cfs,me do not have enough vitamin d levels. If you live in the north of the uk (the weather is colder and damper) you suffer more! don't know how true any of this is though.

*I have been a big blob of goo for the last few days - feeling BLAH!

*I feel 200% better in a sunnier warmer climate!

*Yes

*Makes me mentally feel better, but no difference physically. Am going new Dr next week so maybe get some better treatment!

*I've been on fire! Good job really! At end of uni and really busy trying to meet deadlines in between lazy spells in the sun.

*Yes I feel better but hurt more because I keep doing things as its the term end holidays still!

*Has anyone been diagnosed with Hypermobility?

*Yes, I have been diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome.
My energy has been better due to the sunny days, well, I feel happier and thus more zest for life I suppose! Vitamin D also is good for us FMS sufferers!

*Sunshine and warmth make me feel human again.

*Nah!

*Only difference is my mood. Pain fatigue the same but my mood does lift when sun out.

*I always hear people saying they're better in the summer, but I'm opposite!

*A big YES! So much so that when I saw the doc. this afternoon to be formally checked for fibromyalgia, I was virtually pain free. But he did confirm what I'd suspected for some time. Knowing I have the condition is better than just suspecting!

*I already have an issue with low vit. D, (which confuses me since I was not only out in the sun a lot last year, sitting on my step mostly, but I was also in Crete for a lovely fortnight!?), so I am happy to see the sunshine! Not sure it helps with energy levels though, except I can see the dust and want to Spring clean!

*How true. It was in the 80's sunny and warm for a few days. I felt great. Then the rain came and temps dropped to the 50's and I feel awful. Headache, body aches and fibro fog.

*I think it's not only cos of the extra vitamin D we get from the sun, but also the serotonin we get from it too. Serotonin is what our bodies lack. It is responsible for controlling your mood, your sleep patterns and your bodies perception of pain, so if you increase your serotonin, all of these improve.
This is why exercise helps too as rigorous exercise (where you heart rate goes up and you sweat) releases the bodies natural serotonin and endorphins.
My pain levels definitely ease when the sun is shining, the warmth helps too.

*The heat or working. not sure but I am exhausted. In the 80's and 90's is not normal here. Usually feel better in the warmer weather but not now. Tired fighting pain all day and night. Do take vitamin D 4000 I.U. it helps.

*hmmmmm nooooooo! Have to start on anti malarial tabs as well because of sun allergy.

*Yes. I am a fire sign, and without sun I am cold to the core. but I love a good cleansing rain too, hot chocolate with whipped cream please. When the sun starts to peak through the clouds after a good rain, it is spiritual to me.

*My symptoms are the same but I 'feel' better. unless it is very hot then my energy just drains

*Mine haven't changed. I am exhausted after the simplest task. I doubt that the sun and warmth can have a positive influence on Fibro. Either you have it or you don't, right?
I mean I hurt and am depressed whether the sun is out or it is 20 degrees out and raining. The weather doesn't change my Fibro symptoms.

*No sunshine here Fibroduck, when it does come you have to run outside or you will miss it.

*Some times it can pick you up!

*For me, everything creeps up! I only got a couple hours of sleep but I'm super happy right now because I woke up to the sun!

*As I've bin in bed 5 days out of 7 this week Id say no

*Well maybe it is more of a mental lift than physical, I was back in bed by 5pm again today. Overdone it as usual. But I do 'feel' better in myself when the sun shines.

*def x

*I think that the sunshine does make me feel a bit happier. Just seeing some blue sky can make a difference to me mentally defiantly

*Definitely the sunshine does affect my energy!

*When the sun shines, I feel mentally better, and because of the mental lift. I want to be up and out more. not sure that I have more energy, or whether it is because I am feeling more positive generally that allows me to do a little more.
I have always suffered from SAD and hate the winter months, plus my pain levels are worse when its cold & damp - so the sunshine does have it positive points for me.

*Transformation, its wonderful, unbelievable what the sun can do.