www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Friday 23 April 2010

What nice things do you do for you each week?


*Sit on the balcony and play a game or do a crossword puzzle. My alone time.

*Allow myself to have a sleep during the day when i need it ,and not keep pushing myself!

*On a stressful day. I take time out for me, make up a foot soak, sink those feet in until the water gets cool, then do a pedicure!

*Read a good book and listen to my wind chimes!

*I really don't have any me time. I babysit for my 3 year old grandson. When I go home I am exhausted. It really is too much for me. I should get help when school lets out and his 17 yr old sister takes part of the day for me. On Sat and Sun I allow myself to rest,and not feel guilty for resting.

*I just try my best to take one day at a time and pace myself each and everyday as much as I possibly can.

*I don't have much me time. I try to relax some but that's practically impossible.

*Nothing usually I try to put my hair in a ponytail every day and that hurts and exhausts me.

*Every other week, I have my nails done!

*Take a hot shower/bath or go swimming which is relaxing is relieves the pain.

*I have lots of me time as there is only me and hubby, have a sleep most afternoons, get my nails done, read. I don't know how you manage a 3yr old! now that is hard work esp if its regular.

*I go for reflexology once a month

*Exercise and try to eat right and put on some make-up. This exhausts me but I have to keep pushing on. Oh and the make-up while it makes me feel better it is actually so I don't look so scary to others.

*I don't get me time. I'm a single mom of a 2 year old.

*I don't have much energy to do what I would like to do as it all goes on looking after my son and keeping the house and garden in some kind of order. I occasionally have lunch out with a friend, which is very enjoyable. was able to do so today so I'm a happy bunny.

*I got my hair cut for me last week but now really broke!

*I try to do something good for me once a week - healthy restaurant, haircut, new piece of clothing, new book.

*Now that hubby is sick there will never be any more me time.

*I make time for me and my man as we only get to see each other at weekends at the moment due to the 179 miles between us.

*because I'm the only one.

*too busy looking after everyone else!

*I have hair done each week as cant do it myself any more. Once a month have aromatherapy if not to sore. Have friends over for brew.

*I allow myself to take a nap if I feel I need one.


*NOT ENOUGH.

*Today is my only day. I sat outside with the dogs and enjoyed the cool day. Very nice even if it was only an hour.

*I guess this was my "me" day, 6:30 pm and still in my pj's! Maybe tomorrow I'll do that foot soak again!

*Getting my nails done makes me feel better about my self and once in a while pedicure and every 3 months hair foiled that's about it!

*Don't have time for me.

*With work taking so much of my time and energy I don't really have time to do something for myself too often. When I can I try to rest up for the next work week.

*Take time out and make cards for someone else (the hospice near to me.) That makes me happy as I'm helping others much worse than myself with the money made from them.

*Ride my therapy horse!

*Write!

*Try and have some relaxing 'me' time and treat myself to a tasty treat such as cake or chocolate.

*Speaking as someone who used to suffer from CFS/Fibromyalgia and now does treatments for people with the conditions, I'd urge everyone to do something every single day that makes YOU happy and fulfilled. Believe me, you'll get better much quicker.
Think now about the things that give you pleasure - they can be very inexpensive or free, like drawing a picture, reading a book, taking a tiny little walk, sitting in the sunshine, watching a good film, meditating, whatever you like doing.
Now set time aside every day to do them. I know that a lot of you have caring responsibilities, but by treating yourself nice, you can help other people better. Love to each and every one of you.

*Play some favourite 80's songs and crank it up and move a bit. It at times does help my brain and distracts from my fatigue.