www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Sunday 18 April 2010

Reiki Positions to Help Your Back - Gaiam Life

See full guide here

*Thank you for sharing.

*Oh my thank you!

*Thank you! I can't put my left arm behind my back due to pain, but some I can try.

*I have been and had it done to me but to be honest, didn't find once helped, but perhaps need regularly to help.

*Thanks for sharing!

*I certainly could use something to relieve some of the back pain. I had 12 shots of steroids in my back, again today, this makes the 4th set in 8 weeks. No relief yet.

*I do some of these & they help some.I get those steroid epidurals under x-ray up to 3 times yearly. They help for a while.

*Fortunately, Reiki has a kind of "intelligence" - you can put your hands other places on your body and focus your intention on the energy flowing to your back.
Another good thing for relief of low back pain is rocking in a rocking chair!
Dr. Travell prescribed this for JFK, 2 hrs/day, because the Leader of the Free World couldn't afford to space out on pain pills.
I put a lumbar roll pillow behind my waist, and use a slanted footstool so I can scooch all the way back in the chair and keep my feet flat on the ground.
I do an hour at a time, but if you're in a lot of pain, start with ten minutes and work up. Put on some cheerful music with a beat and set a timer and rock!