www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 17 April 2010

complete the sentence: Life would be great if.......


*I didn't hurt every day or have anxiety

*If I didn't have pain all the time

*DRS were more understanding

*my hubby would understand and stop being a dumb ass

*I could wake up and not see the day as a hurdle to be overcome.

*I didn't hurt all the time & do things with the family instead of having to sit out.

*Life would be great if I NEVER got Fibromyalgia. I could do more with my children. I feel they missed out on a lot because I couldn't do certain things. Now mind you, I never stop and I will NEVER give up no matter how hard a time it is.
I push and push myself regardless of pain and I always will. Never give up, It has you then, I am still blessed, but I hate that my girls missed out on me doing certain things with them and now my grandson.
He will say, sit right here nanny, pointing to the floor, I can't, I have to explain to him, bless his heart, But there are other things I could say. Life would be great if there were no hardships of many kinds but, I have to say regardless. I am blessed.

*Mean people were eradicated!

*I wasn't sick

*I didn't have FM

*life would be great if I did not ave any illness and I could work 60 hours week and party the rest I wish.

*Oh dear, Life would be great If. I were healthy, my husband hadn't died, my daughter was healthy so I wouldn't have to care for my grandson, want me to carry on ? Sorry, having a feel sorry for me day.

*I was healthy and could live my life.

*Don't be sorry (((big hugs)))

*I could do all I wished to, whenever, and if I could run free, and be a mother.

*Better if I got a decent nights sleep every night and the pain eased for at least one day.

*Gentle but big hugs. You have every right to have a "feel sorry for me" day. Hope you can draw some strength and comfort from those around you. Take care.

*I didn't have Arthritis. Fibro and all it brings.

*I could feel 34 instead of 84.

*I wasn't ill all the time.

*You focus on all the good stuff surrounding you!

*All illnesses could be cured.

*If there were no illnesses, or a cure for every illness; so no one had to suffer.

*Stupidity and ignorance could be genetically tested?!

*I had the life I had 4 years ago; the energy, the optimism, the drive.

*I had the money to get healthy. Go to the right DRS and feel on top of the world again.

*I didn't hurt so much.

*This disease didn't exist!

*I had never had the car accident that blew all these symptoms up and ruined my life!

*If I could count on my brain and body to participate full time in the outside world without pain and fog. Sleep without meds. Do all the physical activities and hobbies my husband wants to do. Stop feeling guilty.

*I have a great life already. I have my children,grandchildren, my mum, my mum in law, my man,a roof over my head,food on the table and clothes on my back.
I have my friends, my sisters and brothers, my dog and 3 cats and I am alive!
OK I have pain but I can walk and talk I have no limbs missing so what else could I need to make my life great?

*I could play with my kids at the park, allow them to sit in the recliner and snuggle with me and keep my house spotless like I used to without the repercussion of horrific pain as a punishment for doing those things.

*I didn't have Fibro. But I don't stop and constantly push myself with work and some sort of social life. But I do know my limits.

*If I could get more rest so the pain wasn't so intense.

*There was a cure!

*If I didn't have Fibro and the other illnesses and problems that came with it.

*I could walk properly and won the lottery!

*I could walk anywhere and have a normal life.

*There was proper affordable treatment for us and not just bits and pieces for some of the symptoms.

*I could just wake up and do what I wanted, without having to actually consider whether my body is moving enough to get out of bed in the first place.

*That I never got ill in the first place!

*CANNABIS was legally available in Britain for PAIN RELIEF!

*People would understand that you may not look ill but my god you are dying inside with pain etc!

*I didn't have the pain and exhaustion so I could finish and do things like finish building our home, cleaning and organizing it. Oh and having some extra money wouldn't hurt either.

*Everyone was pain free.

*I didn't have this damn Fibro I would be able to work full time again and enjoy meeting others face to face and having a chin wag.

*That I didn't get so tired and that I didn't get migraines/other complaints every time I want to do something requiring energy or new stimulation. But I count my blessings. I have my writing and my friends and family.

*They found a cure for Fibromyalgia and my life returned to what it used to be.

*I didn't have M.E and all this pain all the time.

*I didn't have Fibro and arthritis

*I didn't have ME/Fibro and bowel problems.

*I had made different life choices. Since physical and emotional pain can cause Fibro, I should of done some things different, and not done some things at all. I also wish many things weren't done to me.

*To get out of bed with out taking painkillers first.

*If I didn't have FM and osteo, if my ex was reasonable, if I was slimmer (yes, I can do something about that one once I figure out how to exercise again), if I had a job, and if ignorance was banished and world peace was real.

*The past 5 years had never happened.

*I could get up in the mornings.

* had some energy.

*I could fly right up to the sky!

*I was "healthy & normal" and employed full time, working with the public. Being an Alz caregiver is frustrating at times, specially when I gave up my job to do it.

*If I didn't have FM and Lupus!

*If I didn't have Fibro.

*If I could rewind time back to when I was 16 and first injured my back and be able to stop the domino effect it had.

*Life would be great if the duck would float away and take my FMS with it!

*I would turn back the clock, but then we would probably make same mistakes, things could be worse. Plenty of people who have terminal illnesses wish they could be like us, I just want a few pain free weeks and the energy to get my house decorated.

*George Michael was straight!
Although saying that, I actually believe he is, he just doesn't realise it, it would obviously become apparent to him when he met me!

*If we had peace and no pain.

*I count my blessings every day so I think life is pretty great as it is! Some days are better than others but that is life.

*We all smiled more.

*Life IS great! Believe in that.