www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Friday 16 April 2010

Do you think your symptoms run in any kind of cycle or pattern?


*Yes, they hit harder when the barometric pressure changes.

*^Most defiantly! unbelievable migraines and stiffness and an all over blah feeling!

*I find that also with pressure changes.

*Agree with above!

*Ohh the migraines are so severe Jane, I would love to cut my head off. NO matter what I take nothing helps. I hope your having a pain free day today!

*How about stress, I find stress makes it worse too and I ache and tighten right up bad.

*Yes mine is always worse when I'm stressed, and I mean STRESS! (In the true sense of the word).

*The biggest triggers are stress, barometric changes and humidity changes. Any of these send my pain through the roof.

*Here in Memphis, we are known for the weather change. Not fun. Hurts every time.

*The weather makes a huge difference for me.

*Mine is definitely weather related, but as a female I know it also rises and falls with my hormone cycles. My husband actually pointed this out and had me start tracking it and it's right on.
I have a point in the month where I am SO FOGGY, in terrible pain, and have at least 3 crash out episodes where I am basically comatose by 7pm. This is also really the only time I have sweets, and I know that affects me SEVERELY as well.
At least knowing this schedule, he has learned to be compassionate and understanding when it happens, and I am able to mentally and physically prepare for the inevitable.

*Stress,weather and before my period.

*I can tell when a bad weather spell is coming three days before it hits. Also when it is real hot and humid I suffer so bad the pain is unbearable.

*Yes when it gets very cold or I do too much house work even if I have been tired from the night before I get a flare up.

*Other than helping put roofing on our son's house over the weekend, I can't think of any current triggers. I'm determined-this is ONLY a SHORT crash, NOT a relapse!

*All of the above! currently in the Netherlands right now where the weather has been so damp the past three months, not fun.

*Yes foggy and very tired with lots of pain in the back before my period comes.

*I have flare ups if I do to much of anything, weather change and travelling from Michigan to Florida even if by car or plane! and humidity plays a role in my life.

*Yes weather and stress big time pain.

*I agree, but I do get other flares too, some with the weather, some if I do too much etc. I keep meaning to be consistent with a journal to see if there is more of a pattern.

*I am the same as above. But I do not have flare ups any more I go from bad to worse and back again I never feel well.

*I'm same as you sue never feel well constantly exhausted really fed up at the moment.

*Any exercise would cause a flare, about 2 days later. I started taking low dose Naltrexone (LDN) 3 weeks ago. My response was amazing. I stated a group for LDN and fibromyalgia and CFS and posted my story there.
Seach LDN to find it and some links to find out more about this amazing inexpensive, generic drug being prescribed for off label use is changing lives.

*I kept journals and I am with above it , I never feel well, but I consider the worse and there are triggers. Worse can came from weather changes, stress and overdoing.
I have tried so many different ways others deal and some offer a little help but seems I never get enough relief to feel like I am having a good day. You have to keep a good attitude and make the most of the day the Lord gave you!

*I am always exhausted and in pain, So I would say I don't get flare ups as such. My pain and everything else just goes from bad to mega bad!

*Cold, humidity and stress makes my tummy system hurt so bad I want to commit hari kari.

*Over the years I have learnt to pace myself and to try and slow down when I feel a flare up coming. Or if I know my sleep has been disturbed more than usual, because that will defiantly bring a flare up on.
Also find a couple of days after any higher level of exercise and defiantly around my period! Also get off the scale emotional breakdowns around my period!

*I am going to look into that medicine so thanks.

*Yes defiantly! The cold,heat,damp etc. Oh yeah and that little thing, stress!

*I also have flare ups with weather change but just thought I was odd. Have had a week of good days and will suffer for it.
I mowed my lawn yesterday (a combination of good weather and miracle drug Gaberpentin) but I am beginning to realise my mistake this evening. I always overdo it when I have good days then regret it.

*Stress and of course over doing it sends my pain through the roof. Like tonight in absolute agony after a day of ova doing it.

*Yes but otherwise can't track any pattern.

*Most definitely.

*Cold weather, stress (emotional mostly) and over work.

*I've been trying to suss that out for some time now. Keeping a journal, things quite sporadic recently though, I'm exhausted!

*I know that I hurt more when the weather is cold and/or rainy, and I feel better when it's sunny and warm.
Other than that, I haven't noticed a pattern, although I'm considering trying a restricted diet to see if cutting out certain foods will help.

*Even though it was a beautiful day out yesterday, I had already been feeling the rain that is coming. Usually 12-24 hours before!

*Stress, weather, and people that think I'm pretending to be in pain!
Those people stress my out the most. Why would I fake pain, if they only knew what we go threw just to make it threw a day!

*Anything can set me off,be it the weather,stress,migraines,when it does start up I cant move properly for days and not only am I in agony, but completely exhausted as I cant sleep either,its a no way win situation.

*I'm always in pain! The pain gets so much worse and at time unbearable, with changes in the weather, stress and over doing things.

*I think there are almost always patterns when it comes to illnesses - not just fibro - that need to be monitored so that one can learn to deal with it better.
I did a weekly graph and plotted how I felt on a scale of 1-10 against 7 days. It seems simplistic but actually after a month you see a pattern start to emerge that repeats itself. At least I did.

*They get worse but never can figure out why. But I have lived with severe chronic stress so that definitely has an affect on my fibro and the fatigue.

*Always worse when I have pushed it too far, I have more flares when I am stressed as well.

*Weather, damp rainy weather.

*I think they get worse when tired or stressed.

*Today was one of my worse days! So much pain! Feel like I have been beaten with a 10 lb bag of spuds! Of course rain this afternoon like i said it would.
I definitely have not been sleeping well! So maybe the lack of sleep/rain combo? My chiropractor also said it was related to the prednisolone I recently went off.

*Let's see, where do I begin. COLD, damp,rainy weather & AC environments are absolutely the worst and everything after that such as stress, monthly hormone changes, doing too much, not doing enough, walking, talking, sitting, repetitive movements, not being able to sleep etc.
Basically Life and living which pretty much requires all of these things. But we can't let fibro win so keep your head up everybody. I'm just glad to be able to help bring awareness to it by joining this page & others.

*Yes

*Don't know, seem to have been in a constant flare for 12 months.

*The only thing cyclic or predictable in my fm/cfs life is total unpredictability. After 16+ years I've yet to find a trigger.
We tend to blame improvement or worsening of symptoms on the 'last thing' we did or took etc, but to me the illness has a mind of its own.

I'm with you on that, Fibromyalgia definitely has a mind of its own. Gentle hugs everyone.