www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Monday 12 April 2010

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Demand Fibromyalgia flare up training for all A+E consultants in the U.K.


A petition to make sure that all accident and emergency consultants are given better training on Fibromyalgia, and the symptoms a major flare up creates.

Sign my petition here

*I'd love to find out how we can get that in the USA. I was hauled in on a stretcher after a car accident and left to lay on a stiff board and in a neck brace for 1 hour and 20 minutes, before I started freaking out because I felt a flair coming on. I told the nurse that I had Fibromyalgia and she just looked at me.

*done!

*I have already sigend this BUT have but a link on my wall

*Fibroduck have you approached your local MP or perhaps their opposition about your mistreatment? They should be doing all they can to get your vote at the moment.

*I agree with you. I live in San Diego - and people just give you that blank look when you tell them you have fibro, ridiculous.

*Can't actually sign it because of the elections.

*So this is what National Health Care looks like! It should be an interesting ride in the USA on our new Health Care Plan. My, oh, my.
I wish you the very best in getting this issue corrected in UK; no one should be forced from a hospital bed, indeed !

*petition remains open for signatures until 3 February 2011. Thanks to all those that signed.

*I cannot find that petition on that link or elsewhere? Having said that I am not too sure why A&E care is appropriate for a long term syndrome?

*When you have something they recognise and understand, care is good, relatively quick and the longest form you'll ever fill out is a couple of pages of medical history, even that is rare. the issue here is that most doctors wouldn't recognise fibro if it slapped them in the face.
There are a lot of malingerers and social misfits who hang around the NHS - jamie seems to have been lumped in with them. The last para of the letter says in rather triumphal tone: 'you got up out of bed and got yourself dressed' as though this proves there was nothing wrong all along. Funny that. I dressed myself after my cancer op but nobody told me I was a malingerer.

*What's even more annoying is that I did NOT dress myself, my other half had come to the hospital and changed my clothing for me, because I'd been left in blood soaked clothing from where they'd put the cannula in.
I returned home in the same clothes I slept in! and was virtually carried out of the hospital. my other half simply stuck trainers and a zip up hoodie on me so I could leave.
They also claim I took myself to the toilet, however, from the time I was shipped in to the time I left I didn't pee once, why? because I hadn't taken any fluid on board for days. I didn't go to the toilet for just over 24 hours, does that not show a persons dehydrated then?
Considering I pee every ten minutes all day every day, for me not to go for that long is a miracle!
I'll fight them all the way, I have to, why?
because what happens the next time I get sick and can't be looked after at home? Where do we go if not to hospital when sick?
Whilst there's a drop of fight left in me, I will fight to make sure I can access respite care when I need it.
They have failed to address half the points we made, simply chosen to ignore them.
Fibro doesn't tick their boxes, I shall need to make sure it does :)

*Why am I not surprised to hear it was Blackpool Vic? Gave birth to my daughter there 23 years ago and it was filthy even then! When I miscarried her twin at around 25 weeks I was told by the consultant there " PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER,YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE ANOTHER ONE!"
It took me THREE DAYS to find out I had only lost one baby and I was still carrying my daughter and I only found out then because I defied their orders of bed rest and got up and bugged the ward sister till she told me! Looks like nothing has changed in over 20 years! Utterly disgusted at the way they have treated. or should I say,NOT treated you,Jamie!!

*Your were treated dreadfully too, disgusting way to treat people. When you were already going through such trauma too, utterly appalling. I'm so sorry you were put through that.
I've heard so many horror stories since starting Fibroduck, about how people are being treated in hospitals all around the country.
I guess if anyone can highlight this problem, I can, through Fibroduck, not sure how yet and I'd need to get the legals to read through whatever I create. But this issue needs addressing *puts soap box away*

*MP is next on our list but I was hoping not to have to go to war with them. A simple sorry and a promise of respite if needed in future would have been enough.

*We need something similar in the US. I was admitted with a severe gastric virus, chest pains, and fainting two years ago to my own hospital. None of the nurses, nor the "hospitalist" doctor they gave me, had a clue r/e fibro/ME/CFS. I was barely able to leave my bed to get in a wheelchair for tests, much less get to the bathroom.
My explainations as to why I was so severely ill and weak were met with blank stares and total lack of comprehension, if not outright disbelief-and I'd previously worked with these people on numerous occasions. The very few nurses I knew who believed either had fibro themselves, or a family member with it. ME/CFS was a complete unknown in Owensboro Medical Health System hospital (Kentucky) as of the time I retired last summer.

*Ditto for Canada. medical professionals here are woefully and unapologetically ignorant of our condition.