www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Saturday 24 April 2010

What do you do to make yourself feel alive on the days you feel you're only existing?


*Shower. It's incredibly effective.

*Me too, have a shower helps me distress too.

*Today is difficult day..trying to be honest and will have to say with honesty in mind, not think of dying as alternative, that's ME/CFIDS

*Sing, play music etc. I find that always makes me feel more alive.

*I play with the grand babies.

*Sing out loud to contemporary Jewish CDs, shower and shampoo, and get dressed in something other than sweats, play with my dog, call a friend to chat.

*Put on a happy face and a bit of make up.

*When I feel as if I'm only existing I tend to do a lot of applications etc on fb, as it seems to take my mind away from the pain and and other symptoms.
I have at the time unless I get the dreadful fatigue then it is a case of going back to sleep for a couple of hours then I'm sort of back to semi alive!


*Since I started low dose naltrexone Ii got my life back. I am alive and healing for the first time in decades.

*I come on Facebook and I don't feel as though I'm just existing and alone, as I am among Fibro friends who understand gentle hugs all.

*Buffy marathon! Or some other show that takes me away and makes me laugh. Or I read a fantasy or sci fi book.
Something that puts me out of my character and into one more exciting.

*Read, always makes me forget about the real world. Not a good idea when you're cooking though. Gentle hugs to all.

*I just try harder and push myself. My grandson helps me. Those eyes, that voice, that laughter, he helps me so much.
I keep him everyday and although I do need a break sometimes. He will say OK nanny OK? This 2-1/2 yr old has more compassion than anyone in my family. Then, I get on here or read about a friend that is having struggles and mine are small compared to theirs and I thank God.
This is a chronic condition that is NEVER going to go away only get worse but, I for one, refuse to give in, so I just push a little harder.

*Ring my friend up n have a chat n a laugh as she has FM too.

*Fighting for recognition and a cure of ME/CFS

*Take a 5 hour sleep, it's my new best friend.

*Doing something positive for my dogs or some one else.

*Focus on my children.

*Read, pref in the sunshine, or watch a DVD. A long time my psychiatrist told me that distraction is very helpful.

*Spend time with my cats, so happy to have Cookie home again.

*Pray!

*Hello Fibro friends. I invite you to share your stories on my new fibro support page on FB. We can never have enough friends who understand our life. Go to: ' Support a friend with Fibromyalgia"
Thank you for your friendship and support!

*Go to the zoo!

*Gin and tonic! its a great cure all but only if I'm not driving.

*I chat with my best friend and take my little hearing dog for walk!

*Come on FB!

*I come here and see I am not the only one, like my husband seems to believe. I try to get out of the house, enjoy my dogs, listen to music, all the while keeping to myself because too much stimulation leads to pain and migraine. I'm just looking for a little refreshment. Then when I'm stronger I go out with friends.

*Try to get a nap, maybe go to a movie, or snuggle up with my hubby, kids, pets, and my favourite cosy (blanket) and hunker down and deal with it.
Without getting down and negative of course, I save that for the 2nd or 3rd day of feeling poop! Hope everyone is having a good day today.

*Look at my kids, they love me for who I am!

*Listen to the body. If you can create energy by immersing yourself in something you love - fine. Otherwise, the (mind and) body may simply need to luxuriate in rest.

*Facebook!

*I book a massage or visit here to remind me I'm not alone.

*I take a long shower and then make myself do something nice for someone else, it usually works for awhile and then leaves me shattered.

*Watch a good film and lie on the settee with a long cold lemonade and maybe a box of maltesers, if I'm lucky.

*I don't know about anybody else but like today, which has been a very bad pain day, there's nothing much I can do.

*I remind myself that there are people worse off than me and that I AM ALIVE!

*Wear something other than pyjamas, which is saying a lot since most days it seems I'm in PJ's!

*Watch something funny on tv, play with my guinea pig as she always cheers me up and put some make-up on.

*Make some cards for the hospice