www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Sunday 4 April 2010

How sociable would you say you are?


*Very much a social butterfly. I love people, and I love fun.

* Ditto, very much a social butterfly. I love people and I love fun, but sometimes I am anxious about it.

*Not so much since getting 'sick'.

*Not able to at all.

*I am often too ill to go anywhere.And most often things that are planned events I can't attend either. As we all know Fibro doesn't give us advanced warning about the flare ups. I used to very social, I went everywhere ,did what I wanted. Those days are gone.

*Very little and boy do I miss it :(

*Before I found my awesome remedy all I did was lay around. Today I am very sociable,I actually teach a weight loss challenge and I'm meeting new people everyday! I actually went out for a beer at the bar!! It had been years.

*Not very much any more. It wears me out just to talk to people.

*Before pain, very social and active but not any more. Between the low back pain limiting me being up and the trigeminal/occipital neuralgia pain increasing with smiling, talking (or any facial muscle movement), and being sensitive to light and sound, my social interaction has become very little.
Severe chronic pain is a lonely condition and takes away everything that one values n life except the ability to b aware of what is happening to your life.

*Not much these days

*I have never been super social, just average. I am far less social but it isnt my doing. People don't understand when you have to bail out on plans last minute because you are suddenly too sore or too tired to walk down the stairs, much less getting off the couch.

*Pain and fatigue are not very compatible with being social. Have missed out on many family gatherings, church attendance, etc. since getting "sick".

*I used to be fairly sociable, but now I don't even try to go out any more. It's just easier than feeling guilty over disappointing someone.

*I used to do a lot more. My sister invited me to a ladies retreat with her church, but I'm afraid to go because of all the walking we will be doing. I don't want to ruin her trip because of my pain, it's a bummer. I would love to go.

*go! It will be great for you in every way possible, make sure you pace yourself don't go as far if that helps better than not going at all. These people are gods people they will understand! You can do this, I know it wont be easy nor pain free but the other benefits will be - let these conquer the negatives!

You probably even realise that, not everyone is as able and capable as you think they are, so you wont be on your own! Also remember its a retreat - somewhere to go to get away from day to day life - that in it self will make you feel tons better!!

I know it not easy but fight it and give it a go! Strength, determination, love, enjoyment, courage you have it all and more to help you dont give up the fight. Extend the break if you have to too include couple days rest before you go - get everyone wishing they could put their feet up!

*I am extremely sociable! I love people,being out around people, talking to people. I can make new friends in the grocery store checkout! But unfortunately, some days I can hardly leave the house
So it is kind of a downer. I have meet tons of people here and that has helped. Maybe someday soon when I get moved to some where warmer I will feel better and get out more and spread my wings again! yay!

*I am very sociable, have a fantastic group of friends who come round for brew and a chat every week. If pain is bad they still come to cheer me up. I also have supportive family and when up to it I go out with them. And yes I still manage to have good laugh I think it important otherwise what is the point of being here. I try to remind myself there is always someone worse off than me!

*I vary quite to extremes. When I feel good I am a butterfly, when I feel bad I am a recluse. But I enjoy both times very much.

*I do not like to stay at home, I like to be out and about.