www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Monday 12 April 2010

Name something nice and unexpected that someone's done for you in the past week....


*My husband made me a lovely Hotel Chocolate hot chocolate when I was feeling shattered a few days ago.

*My sweety asks me how I am, and means it.

*I wish .....!

*Letting me know that a so called friend was slagging me off. Meant a lot to know that someone I gave a heck of a lot of support to couldn't be honest.

*My friends take me out when I'm down, and my hubby gives me back massages when I hurt bad.

*Picking me up when I wasn't well enough to drive home from the city where I'd been trying to pretend I was OK while looking after my Dad just out of hospital. Love my friends.

*My mummy bought me lunch yesterday, and my son washed the kitchen floor.

*My 6 yr old son ask me to buy some flowers for me. LOL he picked them out at the store and gave them to me. They are beautiful.

*I got an Easter gift - a beautiful handmade scarf - from my son who is serving in Afghanistan.

*My 9yr old son said he wishes he cud wear my legs for the day, one to take the pain off me, and two to see how much they hurt so he can understand this fibromethingybob I have. Then my other 9yr old son said he wants to grow up and get a job to find a cure for fibromethingybob. :)

*The OU have come up with a huge package of disability support for me, cant quite believe how wonderful they are!

*You must have floated into the air after receiving that gift. How precious. Sorry about spelling bad day. I will pray for your sons safe return.

*My Mum gave me £50.

*I had two nice unexpected things. 1st my dad order me some new coins for my collection( looking forward to the Peace dollor & franklin 50 cent piece) and I told my hubby to stop and get himself something to eat because I didn't know how long therapy would take, and when I came out he was sitting in the car and took me out to eat! He knew I wouldn't feel like cooking after therapy on my neck!

*Bought me an Easter egg!

*Helped me pay for truck repairs.

*Everyday my kids and hubby take such great care of me. My kids cook me lunch and hubby cooks me dinner. I couldn't deal with this everyday if I didn't have them. They are wonderful to me!

*My eldest grand daughter gave me a nice Easter present. She had won it and I am sure it meant a lot to her. The little ones always make me pictures and cards. They are all the sweetest grand kids in all the world!

*My husband drove over 300 miles at Easter so I could honour my ministry commitments for this major Festival. He's a star! Unexpected: I'm still waiting.

*My grandson almost 2-1/2 said you OK nanny OK? He does this all the time.

*My hubby..just being his silly self and making me smile when I need it.

*A cashier at the local grocery store helped me ring up and bag my order even though I was at a self service register. She then offered to have someone help me out to my truck.

*My husband will do anything to make me smile & he does this everyday. My 8 yr daughter hugged me & told me she loved me & told me "don't listen to that mean woman" when I went to a new doctor who was not very nice.

*My daughter gave me a beautiful new granddaughter called Isabel Angelina Rose :)

*My hubby takes great care of me+does the cooking. He will massage me+rub where it hurts. My grown up children look after me too and have fab friends!

*I have this friend who moved out of state a few years ago. she called the other day, just to see how I was doing. she just knew I was having a bad day, even across state lines, she just knew. good friends become your chosen family.

*ongratulations, and what beautiful names, don't go overdoing it though!

*My mum brought me 5 bunches of different daff`s`, they look lovely in a vase sitting on the shelf,

*My neighbour came round to cheer me up with some home-made Simnel cake and some yellow primula's from her garden.

*My friend dropped by and took me out for a lovely drive and half a shandy on Sunday. It was so nice to get out of the house for a bit.

*my hubby is always doing nice things for me,like today he took me to the hairdressers to have my hair cut and he arranged for me to have it coloured,then he nipped out for a few mins & when he came back he'd bought me a box of maltesers, now that's what I call nice and unexpected. He does this on quiet a regular basis and I love him loads for that as he always manages to do the unexpected to cheer me up.

*My friend took me out to the theatre and a meal afterwards. Long time since I've done that.

*A friend sent a hello card just out of the blue, it sure lifted my spirits!

*My husband just came in and told me to put dinner away and we could go out. He knew I was dealing with a flare.

*My 3 daughters & best friend took me out for my birthday, had a really lovely day thanks.