www.fibroduckfoundation.com

The Fibroduck Foundation is a registered charity committed to funding bio medical research for Fibromyalgia

On our FaceBook Fans Page we ask our members daily questions.

These are designed to help show people what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia. The questions (and replies generated) became so well received that we have started a dedicated blog to archive them.

If you are newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you may find this blog very helpful. By reading our archives, we hope you'll also feel less isolated and alone.

Please visit our website's and join the 'One million ducks campaign' Fibroduck.com and The Fibroduck Foundation

Fibroduck has recently launched its new free message boards
Membership is free and requires nothing more than a working email address.

Each new reply begins with an *





Monday 12 April 2010

Does anyone else suffer prolonged bouts of unexplained nausea and vomiting?


*YES I do, always when my pain and fatigue are worse.

*Nausea yes, and it's vile. Strangely, and by chance, I found that a glucose tablet like dextrosol can sometimes, not always, relieve it.

*I feel sick when the pain gets too much.

*Yes me too Hate it.

*I do too, doesn't matter what food I eat, or anything, just throw up.

*OMG I cannot believe you even wrote this, it is HORRIBLE and makes me always feel like something else is terribly wrong, Glad to not be alone.

*I don't vomit much any more, but I have nausea regularly. I sometimes have no appetite, and I know that only adds to the problem, but I also think I know if I eat chances are it will cause fatigue or pain in some form.
Knowing what to eat, and in what portions, and at what time, is a very hard discipline to accomplish.

*Nausea not vomiting and it is horrid.

*More gerd than nausea but it is there. Again when the pain is higher than usual.

*I get a lot of nausea and dry-retching, which is nasty!

*Nausea almost every day with horrific tummy pains weekly.

*yes afraid so! not constantly but on and off!

*I get nausea, and the IBS pains don't help, trying to work out the triggers, no medical help, basically December diagnosed and had a crappy leaflet thrust at me with "read that" instructions. It's one hell of a learning curve!

*Not so much lately (knock wood) but when it hits, it hits hard.

*Yes I do also on and off for me and unexplained by the doctors, cant stand it.

*I get the nausea I usually eat stem Ginger.

*I get the nausea but I did not know until now that it was connected thank you so much for this post it has helped.

*Yes sadly,

*I can usually talk myself out of the vomiting, but yes! I get the nausea too - and since getting FMS the nausea comes with the weird side effect of sneezing fits. Like I needed anything else weird for my brain to be doing.

*And heart burn eww!

*I have it almost everyday especially of mornings. My husband thinks I'm pregnant, but had a hysterectomy at the age of 22 that would be a miracle, but with this strange disease who knows what will happen next.

*Very sadly very yes and IBS like symptoms to go with it!

*I constantly keep the nausea. I have an herbal supplement Papaya Mint. I let it dissolve in my mouth and that helps a lot. It tastes pretty good too.

*I am nauseas most of the time. I rarely feel like eating nor does anything sound good. Its hard with a husband n 3 daughters (young).
I don't feel like eating so I don't feel like cooking and even if I do feel like cooking nothing sounds good so makes it hard to plan meals.
I've had a head ache for over 3 years it's constant! Between my FM and my back I have Deg Disc Disease it's pure hell!
Right now I'm fighting to get my teeth cut out. This has taken my pretty teeth away from me. They are so bad I've had people assume I've had a meth problem and I haven't EVER done a street drug! I'm embarrassed about it for my kids!

*It's reassuring for me to know I'm not alone in this.
During this big flare I'm having I keep having random bouts of vomiting and constant nausea.
I've been worried there's something really wrong as I'm living on anti sick meds just to stay upright. I'm under lots of investigations so maybe that will show something.
I feel less worried knowing it can be an FM thing, it's not something I had linked before. Previous bouts of sickness have been due to adjustments in meds and always settled in time. This time around it been weeks and nothings improving.

The other day it was because of bad migraine, but it's a daily thing really, there rarely seems to have a cause. I've cut out lots of dairy already.

*I don't get as much nausea as I used to get. always with IBS flare up. don't have much of an appetite any more, feel full almost as soon as I think of food. often feel like I've been punched in the stomach though.

*I spend a lot of my day feeling nauseous,and often having bouts of unexplained vomiting, unfortunately I haven't found anything that helps,.just got to ride it out, not easy, but some how I manage. hope that helps.

*Yes I do, but I wasn't sure if that was due to my Hiatus Hernia, but it seems a coincidence that others with FM get it!

*I do to. I suffer with gastritis and take Lansoprozole. Ginger biscuits help with nausea.

*I have reflux problems and I am on merbeverine, but I have had bouts of nausea. But I wont vomit unless I truly have to.

*I take lansoprozole, and anti nausea which comes on with the headaches, migraine and pain when severe. I eat little and often and after years of not having a sweet tooth I now crave sweet stuff all the while.
My favourite at the moment are black jacks. The aniseed helps with the metallic taste in my mouth!

*Yes, I have it now.

*Nausea for no apparent reason. Thought at first it was the Tramadol but it can happen when I'm not needing to take them. Find that ginger beer can help settle it.

*I have nausea most days, and vomiting every couple of weeks for a few days, then back to just the feeling. only thing that seems to settle it is sipping orange juice, which I keep being told not to drink as its too acidic and can cause flare ups - can't win really.

*I get nausea but not vomiting. I have awful IBS symptoms all the time now. Yuck!

*Yes. Thankfully not vomiting - at least, not yet.

*I don't get the vomiting but I do have the not feeling like eating and nothing appeals thing going on, as well as chronic IBS. And I was interested in what person above said as I suddenly have ever such a sweet tooth and I didn't used to!

*Have had fm for 21 years but the nausea seems to be a recent thing. Also very very bad heartburn. Going for a camera down my throat procedure in a weeks time to see if I have an ulcer but maybe its another fibro symptom! grrr not a happy bunny!

*So glad to read this (not glad about you guys being sick though) but glad I am not alone. I too have experienced a lot of nausea and was thinking there was something else was wrong with me.
No vomiting though, just sick. I understand craving sweets, I can't get enough. I use to not be like that either. thanks for your posts, we are not alone.

*Nausea yes but as long as I've got a packet of Rennie's handy I'm OK!

*Yes and heartburn almost like being pregnant again ( no I'm not before you ask! I had a hysterectomy 9yrs ago)

*Indian brandee from any pharmacy settles tummies in the UK its around 1.25 a bottle. Tastes gross but works. Hope this helps.

*yes, constant nausea since Xmas and a permanent disgusting taste in my mouth since then too - thought to be reflux - tried several med's but to no avail - occasional vomiting if accompanied by dizziness - almost a hypoglycaemic feeling but blood sugars are generally fine at the time.
Has also been accompanied by extreme fatigue in the same period, can barely keep my head up to do the basics at times,it's miserable.

*omg. I'm another person who didn't associate the nausea and vomiting with fms. I kept thinking id picked a bug up or ate something bad. I also have no appetite at all and have gone a couple of days before now without food, usually when I'm having a bad flare.
I also have ibs, migraines, I also noticed that a few of us have had hysterectomies. gentle hugs everyone.

*I have been given so much meds for this. I go through a litre of gaviscon a month. IBS is a problem too. Gentle hugs to everyone.

*I occasionally get nausea, no vomiting. Comes out of the blue and leaves the same way, usually several times a week.

*Has anyone been given medication for IBS from their GP? My tum hurts more often than not now, especially late afternoon & evening. The best thing I find for nausea is sipping ginger ale.
Have also heard sucking on lemons helps-I suppose it'd take your mind off the sickness!! Gentle hugs to all and hope you all get a decent nights sleep.

*Oh yes lots of nausea and dry retching sometimes I do vomit usually in the middle of the night or first thing in morning which is strange!

*Not so unexplained since it's a common symptom of fibro! But yeah, I'm nauseous most of the time, every day.

*Nausea

*You've found something I haven't got! Life may be worth living after all! I did have it, but turned out to be a really really rotten gall bladder. But no more. (Sorry to be flippant!) It was awful though.

*Eww, no.

*Nausea: yes at times. Vomiting: NO thank GOD. IBS and stomach aches. And it will be the very last straw if I do get that!

*Yes and I hate it, I've suffered it for years and I feel for anyone who suffers this no matter how long they have to put up with it.

*Not since I got OFF Lyrica! I was having night mares, nausea, vision changes & no relief. I'm now on Cymbalta, has better effects, for me, and NO side effects, for me.

*Yes, I am going through a bad flare up for the past 3 days and I have been carrying the "bucket" around with me. I hate it. it seems like every flare up i get new symptoms. I hate fibro!

*I had an ultra sound for gall bladder and an MRI because of real bad stomach pain. I get vertigo too. good news is my spleen, liver, kidney and gall bladder are fine.
my stomach always hurts though. the heating pad seems to always be my friend.
I have to now. The regular flat one and I found one that fits on my shoulders and hits the shoulder blades. very cool. good thoughts to you all.

*Been having nausea and stomach ache daily, also have pain in upper part of stomach. DR thought it was my gall bladder but that turned out to be fine.
Stomach is raw in the lining am on meds, don't know if it is the Cymbalta, been on it for 6 weeks.

*Yes it's awful

*Wow I've been dealing with this off and on for years never thought of it being fibro just another thing to add to the list.

*YES! I have it now.

*Yes, it's awful! I find myself keeping a bucket nearby, especially for night-time & early morning nausea.

*Yes, I have a lot of nausea, but never realized it could be my fibro. Also a lot of stomach aches and IBS

*Yes I can get the vomiting in the morning. However, when I have been on certain meds the vomiting was endless!

*Nausea yes, and also IBS symptoms. I have CFS primarily, and got told it is all part of it.

*If you have vomiting, please get your gall bladder checked, as you don't want to assume it's just the FM. A rupturing gall bladder is a serious thing, so it's best to catch it early if it's that.
Nausea is common with FM, especially since aching muscles will produce more acid. I take Nexium, which really cut back my acid; I need to take it daily.
Nausea can also happen from myofascial trigger points in the abdominal area and pelvic area. If you have random nausea, try to figure out if you overused those muscles the day prior or two days prior. IBS will set them off, too.
Common kitchen herbs which may help alleviate some of the nausea are: cinnamon, basil, and especially marjoram. You only need to take an amount the size of the smallest British coin; not a lot.
Hope this info helps someone. I still get nausea, but only when eating acidic foods like tomatoes or pickles.

*I had my gall bladder removed, but still get nausea. No vomiting though. I don't have as much acid as I use to. Maybe more people are having gall bladder attacks and don't know it. I know they did a survey on another fibro site that asked how many of us had a gall bladder removal. It sure seemed like a lot of us.

*Wow, I didn't know that. I still have my gallbladder. I press around that area to make sure the nausea isn't associated with it. But I do have bad myofascial trigger points. One of them produces pain that mimics appendicitis. It is a bit comforting to know that nausea is common with us.

*Oh yes, I get this often! Can totally ruin a day for me.

*Nausea, but no vomiting.